This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite cafes in San Francisco, Philz Coffee. I went to the cafe for the first time with my girlfriend to power up for our road trip down to Big Sur. When I walked in, I began to browse the menu, but my girlfriend let me know that she had already ordered for me. She told me that she ordered the Mint Mojito Iced Coffee which had me very skeptical at first. Out of everything I saw on the menu, this was the absolute last thing I was interested in trying. The second I took a sip my drink though I quickly realized I was wrong about doubting this flavor! The taste was refreshing, but also very chocolatey and rich. This coffee paired perfectly with the sunny California day that we were enjoying.
Throughout the rest of my visit, I began craving this Mint Mojito coffee. I was drinking them almost every before I would hit the beach. Unfortunately, there were no Philz coffee locations nearby when I returned home to New York. It felt like this unique flavor experience was exclusively limited to my trips to California. Weeks later I took a shot in the dark online and attempted to hunt down this amazing recipe so I could begin making these coffee mojitos at home for myself. I came across several recipes that other people who shared my obsession with this drink had written up.
Below is my own version of this copycat recipe. I challenge you to give it a try so that you can also enjoy this wonderful flavor experience at home with your No Requests Organic Coffee.
Scroll down to check it out. Also go to our Instagram reels @norequestnyc to see our quick video tutorial on how to make this recipe!
Mint Mojito Iced Coffee
3/4 cups of Oat Milk (or any plant based milk)
2 tbsp Coconut creamer
1/2 cup of No Requests Organic Coffee or 2 espresso shots
Fresh mint leaves
1/2 tbsp of Organic brown sugar
1. Place several mint leaves, stems included, into a mason jar
2. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top, then use a muddler to lightly crush the leaves, or use the back of a wooden ladle like I did lol. This will help open up the flavor from the mint.
3. Pour in your freshly brewed No Requests Organic Coffee on top followed by the coconut creamer and oat milk.
4. Close the mason jar lid and shake it for one minute. The more you shake, the more froth you’ll get!
5. Take a separate glass and fill it with ice
6. Pour the coffee mixture over the ice and garnish it with an extra mint leaf (makes it pretty for the gram)
7. Enjoy this rich refreshing flavor bomb!